Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Digging

I mark about a bajillion favorites on Etsy every day, not to mention all of the awesome stuff I find through design blogs and heads-ups from friends. But I rarely share that stuff outside of Google Reader. No more! Starting today with this collection of wikkid stuff that I love, I'm going to start giving more props to the great designs, designers, and crafters out there. I think my hesitation so far has come from a fear of promoting consumerism. But really, that's a little hypocritical of me, considering that's how I'm supposed to be making a living. And anyway, I'm usually drawn to high-quality, useful things and art, so it's not as if I'm going to be promoting solid gold Cadillac™ rocket launchers or anything. So without further ado, here's some stuff I've been digging on:

dutch door press carries cards and totally sweet limited edition prints like this one.

YAVAglass makes drinking glasses from used glass bottles. These are my fave, since I love seltzer and Boylan's bottle design.

I'm a sucker for laser cut rings like this one from Remade Studio. Totally impractical, yes, but also so cute.

Decoy Lab's modern take on a cuckoo clock has got me finally seeing the point of wall clocks.

I can't exactly explain why I love this painting from Nancy Prator Studios. Maybe it's that I've seen most of my friends in similar poses. Regardless, it's incredibly endearing.

No comments: