Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Arrival

We made it, finally. I mean, we made it a couple of days ago, but I've been too exhausted to post anything. The drive went fine, except for one minor missing-our-exit and one tornado-hit-Atlanta-related spot of bad weather. Evan drove the whole way because my license had expired. I feel both very appreciative and very guilty about this.

Friends (thank you, btw, if you're reading) came over to help us unload/unpack/put things in order. I didn't even have to set up the stereo, which last time I moved almost resulted in me throwing a receiver out of the window. Rodney even took me to Target where I spent an exorbitant amount of money and still didn't get everything we needed.

Yesterday was spent getting my Alabama license and shopping for a car. I forgot how awful it is. We ended up almost buying a car that was too expensive out of sheer exhaustion. Elix drove us around aaaaaaallllll day, which must have been truly awful. Helping someone else shop for a car is not my idea of a good time. But she bore it well, and for that I am grateful.

This morning I made my first batch of soymilk with my new SoyaJoy machine. I bet you thought I was kidding about the soymilk/tofu thing, didn't you? Well, see for yourself; I kid not. I got those bottles at Ikea just for this purpose, and the effect is pretty adorable, I think. If only my days could be spent making soymilk, but I have a lot of errands to run. None of them will be possible, of course, without a car, so that's the first order of business. Hopefully I can knock it out this morning and get on with the show.

No comments: