Monday, September 22, 2008

So Tired

I have nothing of import to say. If I did, I probably would not be able to stay awake long enough to say it. I'm still constantly exhausted, head-achey, and craving sugar. A visit to the doctor yielded some useless muscle relaxers, the idea being that the headaches might be due to tense neck and shoulder muscles. The fatigue he blamed on my thalassemia (a kind of genetic anemia specific to people of Mediterranean descent.) I'm going to have to make another appointment because as it stands, air is soporific. I've been slamming coffee and Advil like a Wall St. floor trader circa 1986.


I ventured out last week with Evan to see Wreckless Eric and Amy Rigby play at The Nick. There were about 8 other people there, which I suppose was sort of sad for them, but it turned out great for us, since they had the latitude to jam and make jokes about the poor attendance.

The rest of the time I've been quilting and studying, of course, but also trying to speed up my freaking computer (which is bogged down with so many gigs of crap that it moves at a snail's pace) and watching a sweet anime series called The 12 Kingdoms with Evan. I highly recommend sending back the 3rd season of Weeds that you just got from Netflix and getting this instead. Deep down you know you hate that show, anyway.

In closing, a list of things I have recently been excited/happy about:
• naps
• coffee
• finding out that command + ; makes an ellipsis
• describing something as having been "edited like a ham sandwich," which I meant to mean that it had been done poorly or awkwardly

No comments: